We're Expanding & We're Hiring!
Our team is as diverse as the industry we love. In addition to diverse nationalities, we all come from different post-secondary educational backgrounds; everything from commerce degrees to Film Majors to engineering. At one point we have all worked in our academic fields but we have all come back to our one, true passion: cycling. We believe in adventure as well as success and we strive to make the world a better place one bike at a time. If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet you.
NOW HIRING Part-Time: Weekdays/Weekends
-> Level 1 – Sales
This is an entry level sales position. Prior retail experience is not necessary, however, experience working in a fast paced environment with a customer service component will prove very useful in this position.
- Successfully complete orientation and training period
- Share product knowledge and enthusiasm for bikes with customers
- Direct customers through entire sales process
- Build and maintain relationships with customers
- Complete a multitude of daily housekeeping and office tasks
Send your resume and a few sentences about your self to Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Bicycle Mechanic
Reports To: Assistant Manager: Repairs
Summary: This is a fun and challenging bicycle mechanic position with tons of room for growth.
Enthusiasm for bicycle mechanics and strong communication and problem solving skills are a must.
The work schedule is Wednesday-Sunday.
Training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete work orders on repair bike
- Complete new bike services, which may include installation of full length fenders, kickstand, bottle cages
- Assemble new bicycles from the box
- Coordinate with Assistant Manager: Repairs for parts ordering
- Help maintain a positive work environment
- Maintain a high degree of cleanliness and organization of the repair shop
- Become familiar with all brands of bikes and models and parts and accessories that we stock
Successful completion of following orientation and training:
- SBCU Videos
- Shimano S-tech
- Cap’s How To” Book
- Cap’s Policies & Procedures
- Cap’s Employee Handbook
- WorkSafe BC Safety Course
Education/Experience: We’re looking for the right fit. Previous experience is not required.
Skills and Traits:
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Able to prioritize workday, multitask and be detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must understand written and verbal instruction and take direction
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, sociable, ability to remain positive when faced with
- Adversity, problem solving skills, strong interpersonal relationship skills, strong leadership/coaching skills
- Work with a sense of urgency
- All new hires will be under probation for the first 3 months and will have a Review at the end of this term.
- Annual Manager Evaluations will be performed.
- Able to sit or stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Cap’s Bicycle Shop is committed to continual improvements within our team. You will be given in-store product knowledge
courses and clinics.
Please fill out an application and let's be part of our Team.
- Full time opportunity