We're Expanding & We're Hiring!
Our team is as diverse as the industry we love. In addition to diverse nationalities, we all come from different post-secondary educational backgrounds; everything from commerce degrees to Film Majors to engineering. At one point we have all worked in our academic fields but we have all come back to our one, true passion: cycling. We believe in adventure as well as success and we strive to make the world a better place one bike at a time. If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet you.
Job Title: Bicycle Mechanic
Reports To: Assistant Manager: Repairs
Summary: This is a fun and challenging bicycle mechanic position with tons of room for growth.
Enthusiasm for bicycle mechanics and strong communication and problem solving skills are a must.
The work schedule is Wednesday-Sunday.
Training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete work orders on repair bike
- Complete new bike services, which may include installation of full length fenders, kickstand, bottle cages
- Assemble new bicycles from the box
- Coordinate with Assistant Manager: Repairs for parts ordering
- Help maintain a positive work environment
- Maintain a high degree of cleanliness and organization of the repair shop
- Become familiar with all brands of bikes and models and parts and accessories that we stock
Successful completion of following orientation and training:
- SBCU Videos
- Shimano S-tech
- Cap’s How To” Book
- Cap’s Policies & Procedures
- Cap’s Employee Handbook
- WorkSafe BC Safety Course
Education/Experience: We’re looking for the right fit. Previous experience is not required.
Skills and Traits:
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Able to prioritize workday, multitask and be detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must understand written and verbal instruction and take direction
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, sociable, ability to remain positive when faced with
- Adversity, problem solving skills, strong interpersonal relationship skills, strong leadership/coaching skills
- Work with a sense of urgency
- All new hires will be under probation for the first 3 months and will have a Review at the end of this term.
- Annual Manager Evaluations will be performed.
- Able to sit or stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Cap’s Bicycle Shop is committed to continual improvements within our team. You will be given in-store product knowledge
courses and clinics.
Please fill out an application and let's be part of our Team.
- Full time opportunity
At Cap's Bicycle Shop- New Westminster, we are looking to expand our mountain bike category and electric bike category for 2020, as well as adding mountain rides to our club calendar.
Responsible for purchasing all areas in this category
Merchandising floorspace to include bike lineup and accessories
Assist with training new staff members in this category
Provide world class service to customer when selling and assist with growing this category
Organizing and leading Sunday morning group rides for adults and kids, and leading e-bike rides
Successful candidates should have prior Lightspeed POS experience
Have a retail background
Have a mountain biking/racing background
Electric bike experience
Have experience organizing and leading group rides
Asset (But not Required)
A driver's license
Fluent in another language. In New Westminster, many of our customers speak many languages, so an additional language is considered an asset