We're Expanding & We're Hiring!
Our team is as diverse as the industry we love. In addition to diverse nationalities, we all come from different post-secondary educational backgrounds; everything from commerce degrees to Film Majors to engineering. At one point we have all worked in our academic fields but we have all come back to our one, true passion: cycling. We believe in adventure as well as success and we strive to make the world a better place one bike at a time. If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet you.
Job Title: Bicycle Mechanic
Reports To: Assistant Manager: Repairs
Summary: This is a fun and challenging bicycle mechanic position with tons of room for growth.
Enthusiasm for bicycle mechanics and strong communication and problem solving skills are a must.
The work schedule is Wednesday-Sunday.
Training will be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete work orders on repair bike
- Complete new bike services, which may include installation of full length fenders, kickstand, bottle cages
- Assemble new bicycles from the box
- Coordinate with Assistant Manager: Repairs for parts ordering
- Help maintain a positive work environment
- Maintain a high degree of cleanliness and organization of the repair shop
- Become familiar with all brands of bikes and models and parts and accessories that we stock
Successful completion of following orientation and training:
- SBCU Videos
- Shimano S-tech
- Cap’s How To” Book
- Cap’s Policies & Procedures
- Cap’s Employee Handbook
- WorkSafe BC Safety Course
Education/Experience: We’re looking for the right fit. Previous experience is not required.
Skills and Traits:
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Able to prioritize workday, multitask and be detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must understand written and verbal instruction and take direction
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, sociable, ability to remain positive when faced with
- Adversity, problem solving skills, strong interpersonal relationship skills, strong leadership/coaching skills
- Work with a sense of urgency
- All new hires will be under probation for the first 3 months and will have a Review at the end of this term.
- Annual Manager Evaluations will be performed.
- Able to sit or stand and walk throughout the scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Cap’s Bicycle Shop is committed to continual improvements within our team. You will be given in-store product knowledge
courses and clinics.
Please fill out an application and let's be part of our Team.
- Full time opportunity
- New Westminster - BC
Job Title: Service Manager
Department: Service / Repair
Reports To: Store Manager.
Summary: Cap's Bicycle Shop is BC's oldest family owned bicycle store established in 1932. Gordon, the owner, has two Cap's stores. The original Cap's location in New Westminster and the Cap's Electric Bike Centre in Port Moody. These two locations are not connected to any other Cap's location. The E-Bike Centre is a boutique E-Bike exclusive store carrying top brands such as Specialized, Cube, GoCycle, iGo and more,
The successful candidate will have previous bicycle mechanic experience and be interested in learning new skills with EBikes. Working with the Store Manager your role will be to create and maintain a best in class electric bike boutique shop with Better than Expected customer service.
This is a full time position with standard working hours of Wednesday to Sunday. Flexibility in availability will assist the applicant in taking advantage of industry learning opportunities. There will be on the job training. The wage range depends on experience is between $23 and $27 plus performance bonus and benefits.
Applicants will be asked to demonstrate skill with bicycle gear set up, brake adjustment, parts installation, wheel truing, hydraulic brake service, bearing overhaul and general shop knowledge. Trouble shooting and strong communication skills are an asset.
The service manager position involves new bike setup, scheduling repairs and completing repairs on time. You will be communicating with customers to satisfy their bicycle service needs. The service manager will be responsible for ordering and keeping an accurate inventory of repair parts. To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com
- Full time opportunity
- Port Moody - BC