The Original Bike Club – “We Want to Ride Bikes with You!”
We are alocal cycling club based in New Westminster. Since 1932 we have being helping customers getting on their first bike, and now we carry the tradition to introduce you to the world of cycling through being part of our club.
Sunday August 11th ride Cancelled
Our club is a social club to help you connect with other cyclists, plus help you develop your cycling skills.
We cycle for fun!
Here is what our rides are all about
- Regular Sunday road rides with the Caps Store Ambassador.
- Opportunity to learn about group riding etiquette and technique in order to be courteous and safe.
- Always a no-drop ride (which means no riders will be left behind).
- Enjoy a social aspect while cycling with a stop for coffee along the way.
- Events will be posted on our club Facebook Bike Club page page.
- Stress free riding.
- We offer a couple adventure rides through out the season.
- Galloping Goose Camping and Bed & Breakfast (overnight)September 14-15, 2019)
Rides will be canceled if it is significantly raining, or if the air quality isn't conducive to riding one hour before start time. Please check our club Facebook Bike Club page for cancelation information.
- Ride Club Jersey (Specialized RBX Short-Sleeve valued $139.99)
- Special events to encourage community and camaraderie
- Valley GranFondo
- Whistler GranFondo
- Tour de Victoria
- Cowichan Crusher
- Golden Ears Gravel Fondo:
- Kettle Mettle Gravel Fondo
- Pacific Poplaire
- Club membership will also entitle you to a 15% discount on all regular priced parts and accessories, and a 25% discount on all Cap’s branded clothing. Your first club jersey is free when you sign up.
Access to our Strava Page to connect with other members.
Cost and Requirements
The annual membership cost is $130 which includes an Original Bike Club Jersey ($139.99 value).
The club will have active rides from May through September 30th, 2019.
All members must be 19 years of age or older.
All members must hold a valid CyclingBC Provincial IRIDE membership and sign in at the start of every ride.
It will be mandatory for all members to ride with a cycling helmet, and it’s also expected that you carry a spare tube, tire levers and pump, even if you’re not sure on how to use them (don’t worry, we’ll help you).
The Original Bike Club Ambassadors will be able to assist you in the event of a flat.
Try before you join
You may come out and ride on a trial ride to see if you enjoy our club format. To join us on a upcoming ride, please email the Store Ambassador at firstname.lastname@example.org or inquire at the shop.