MY FIRST FONDO 2018 Clinics
Designed for riders who are either new to cycling or looking to revive their love of road biking; My First Fondo gives you the unique opportunity to ride in a small group setting and practice the skills necessary to complete the RBC GranFondo Whistler. The clinic focuses on mental and physical training techniques that you’ll be able to put into action as you prepare for the main event with people at a similar riding level.
We will be offering TWO coaching clinics this year:
- Tuesdays 6:15p - The Original Bike Shop (New Westminster)
- Wednesdays 6:15p - FORTIUS Sport & Health (Burnaby)
- 12 weekly 90 min guided sessions
- Discounted RBC GranFondo Whistler 2018 registration
- Detailed training plans and optional homework
- 15% off on our 2018 cycling kit
- Exclusive week 1 kickoff party at the St. Regis Bar & Grill, Vancouver
- Access to group rides and other fun social events including PrimaFondos and Thursday group rides
- Expert guest speakers
- The weekly clinics will start at 6:15PM and run for approximately 90 minutes. Participants are expected to ride additional days to complement their clinic.
- Mental preparation
- Bike fit
- Bike safety
- Basic bike mechanics
- Group riding skills
- Event preparation and pacing
- Amazing new levels of fitness
- Riding specific nutrition
- Basic and intermediate skills of: pedaling, shifting, braking, cornering, stopping, climbing and much more!
"I did the granfondo clinic with Ryan and Gord. It was an amazing learning experience and I learned a lot of skills as a cyclist and had great camaraderie with other students. Having no experience on a road bicycle, the granfondo from Vancouver to Whistler seemed such a daunting task. They gave the confidence and skills needed to complete the race!" - Tabitha Li
"I did the granfondo clinic last year with Ryan and Gord. Met quite a few people and also managed to take 2 hours off my time from the previous year. Definitely a great place to learn and shop." - Bieu Bradford